I would like to share 5 simple tips how to successfully prepare for a sermon. It is what I practice in my life and what I recommend to each of you. Here are they if you do not understand Russian:
1. Reading the Bible and prayer (this helps me be prepared not just for sermons, but for any situation that I may encounter in church).
2. Acknowledging the current reality. In other words, to stay up to date with what is going on in the world, spiritual and physical.
3. Examples. From the great variety of things that I have read and seen, I can choose a small amount of examples to use during a sermon.
4. Meticulous study of the topic. A speaker needs to know everything about the subject he is teaching.
5. Practice. The more we practice what we preach, the wiser we become.